Monday, July 20, 2009

Hueys' Rant Pt. 2 - "Wacko Jacko"

This is the second in a series of rants by Huey, a character from The Boondocks. For further information check out previous blog post entitled "Introduction, The Grown, Really Pissed Off Huey".


(Disclaimer - Now I know you all love Michael Jackson, and I am by no means trying to disrespect the significance of his passing. I am a huge fan myself - As a kid my sister and I memorized the dance routine in the 'Remember the Time' video and used to re-enact it in our basement. He transcended racial barriers, was the preeminent musician of his time - and perhaps of all-time, and his MUSIC left a lasting influence on many people around the world. The key words there were 'his MUSIC'.. If you love Michael Jackson so much that you can't bear to read anything negative about him... well then... don't fucking read. I have no concern for those who cannot engage in constructive debate because their feelings got hurt. Now on to the post) (Oh how I love being able to talk shit under the guise of creative writing)

Since the dust has settled after the public uproar over his death, I thought I would discuss my opinion on your boy - your favorite singer, Michael Jackson. Don't get too upset man and caught up trying to defend your music idol - you know I'm the nigga that tells niggas what they don't want to hear, but need to fucking hear... and as you well know being politically correct is not my forte. So here goes..

You could've sworn this mans' music stopped the spread of AIDS in Africa and cured cancer the way people reacted to the untimely news of his death... or that Martin Luther King had been resurrected and died again. Are you niggas serious? I see Michael, just as I see the Pied Piper of R&B (sidenote - who the fuck let this nigga get away with calling himself the 'Pied Piper of R&B'?! Especially after he peed on a young girl?! 'Pied Piper of R&B' translation - 'My music is why young girls let me pee on them') - save the fucking praise, and accolades for the people who actually deserve it. It is like Michaels' music has made people blind to his character. I mean really, what the fuck did this nigga do besides sing and dance that was so great for the world, and African-Americans specifically?

None other than the great Reverend Al Sharpton (everytime I hear anything this nigga has to say it makes me cringe - seriously, I cannot stand that motherfucker) had this to say about Michael, "Michael Jackson made culture accept a person of color, way before Tiger Woods, way before Oprah Winfrey, way before Barack Obama. Michael did with music what they later did in sports and in politics, and in television. And no controversy will erase the historic impact", but let me point out where that reasoning is flawed. All those other people embraced their heritage (well, not Tiger Woods, 'Mr. I am going to create a new ethnicity for myself' - but you get my point), Michael refused to. Quincy Jones, who knew Michael just as well as anyone, even said Michaels' excuses for turning himself white were "bullshit", and that "he obviously didn't want to be black". Viti-fucking-ligo?! Negro please, the shit gives you patches of pigment changes on your skin, and only a serious case would result in having to bleach your whole body. If that really was the case then how come there is not a single image of this man where symptoms of vitiligo are present? He gradually went from brown, to lighter brown, to an even lighter brown, to white, to even whiter, to pale as a fucking ghost white. His story is as believable as Uncle Ruckus's crazy ass talking about about he has 're-vitiligo, the opposite of what Michael Jackson got'.. Uncle Ruckus's skewed perception of himself is exactly what the fuck was wrong with Michael Jackson. Quite frankly, the nigga was cuckoo.

Then this nigga had the audacity to biologically manufacture his children so that they would be white - adding fucking insult to injury. No other nigga could get away with such a bold spit in the face at his own community - he would be shunned. The mere mention of his name to an African-American, would cause them to distort their face as if they had just smelled rancid meat and boldly pronounce, "Man fuck that nigga! He didn't even want to black!". But noooo, because this nigga created the moonwalk, and sang Billie Jean, he gets a free pass. It's like we are so proud to claim him because of his talent that we are blind to see that he did not want to be claimed as one of us. Let's be real, Michael Jackson did wonders for the African-American community.. until he was no longer black. This is a man who could have been one of our greatest role models, a figurehead for the community - and instead he chose to be an embarrassment. A dancing and singing freakshow, that made white supremacists everywhere grin because a black man was ashamed enough of his color to actually make himself white. Michael ain't do nothing for us but make us look bad - he spat in the face of all the people who fought for us to be respected because of our color. Yet this is who we are so quick to claim, defend, and praise?

And I didn't even get to his world-renown penchant for playing with little boys. Yeah, I hear that bullshit excuse for him, 'your innocent until proven guilty', which by law, you are. But in the court of public opinion no such rule applies, and that nigga is as guilty as it gets. Any adult knows better than to interact with children in the manner that Michael did, and even if he didn't do anything sexual with these boys - he sure as hell should've known better than to boldly proclaim that there is nothing wrong with sharing your bed with children. To even attempt to defend that type of behavior is ridiculous - you know you wouldn't have let your young son hang out with that nigga (shit, unless you were willing to sacrifice your children to get a quick come-up, tempt Michael, let him do what he is bound to do - then sit back and wait for your 20 million. My grandfather always used to joke that he should send me to Neverland Ranch so he could be a millionaire, talking about, "I should take one for the team").

All the praise of his humanitarian efforts - well, that is just another bag of bullshit. This man's day-to-day expenses were so high that he squandered a half a billion dollars. And he lost it for dumb shit too, like an amusement park at his house and fucking zoo animals. For all that he did for the world - which for how much he had, was not much - he wasted plenty of money that could have been put to more efficient use in impoverished nations around the world. The only defense people have for him being a philanthropist is that he sang, "We Are The World" - when it should've been more like "I'm in my own fucking world". Come the fuck on, this nigga was no Bill Gates - his main concern was himself. (It is a great song though)

Call me insensitive if you want - but I refuse to glorify a man where he deserves no glory, to pay tribute to a man for qualities that have been fabricated, to pay homage to a life for what it wasn't. Instead I choose to remember Michael for what he was. He was no inspiration, no great person, no role model. He was the preeminent musician of our generation, nothing more, nothing less. His talent was praiseworthy - his character was not. I am fond of the music he shared with us, not of him as a man... I hope Michaels' soul rests in peace - and he does a better job ridding himself of personal demons in his afterlife than he did while he was living.



Huey

(let the outcry begin)

3 comments:

  1. lol Deuce u r a savage...but nothing u said was outta line in my book...but that just goes to show the power of entertainment (his music). I think ppl are so affected bcuz of the fact that they were brought up on him and was soooooo many ppls favorite musician...Gone too soon....was he un peu coo coo HELL YEAH! lol he like "everyones drunk n alcoholic relative" wierd n shit but u gotta love em' almost undeniably...the suicides that occured n shit were extreme but i wasnt surprised...but i mourned becaused MJ was a cornerstone in my childhood...the tapes from all his tours his cds all that shit bro for over 15 years his music was there n not just there but RIGHT there....n not just for ME...he is the 2nd most known name after Jesus! as quirky as he was he had a place in everybodys heart n had cats overlookin the wierdness of him...like fuck it...the kids...the skin...the touching accusations all that shit..niggas can overlook it bcuz of how close to the heart his music came

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thing is, this really was a creative piece. If you've seen the Boondocks, then you can see how I was attempting to reflect the mind state of Huey - who is a revolutionary, die-hard black power, type of motherfucker. I feel you.. your right John Mayer had a great quote about it that I read in which he basically said the same thing. It is amazing that a man with so many obvious flaws was so beloved by so many. Even myself I cannot lie, I have a soft spot for Michael - I grew up on Mike. I think we all find it difficult to separate our connection to Michael to who he really was as a man. Yet is it not an indictment of where humanity is today when a man such as Michael Jackson is mourned as much as Jesus?

    I think if we all think long and hard you ultimately have to come to the same conclusion Huey did. MJ is pure and simple not deserving, but people borderline worship him. Entertainment has that power, the power to make a mans flaws disappear, regardless of how serious they may be... and I don't know if that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog Deuce..I need to sit and read all the posts before I can properly comment..check out my blog and follow if you like ;-)

    ReplyDelete